Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sweet speed X 2


In about 3 weeks I am desparately hoping that that CAF (Challenged Athletes Foundation) based out of San Diego, decides that my story is a worthy one. In December I had submitted an application for a new tandem bicycle; and when you ask, you might as well ask BIG. So, I asked for a Griffen Tandem bike, custom made in Texas. It is the fastest, lightest and most "racey" tandem I've learned about; fully loaded, cost a mere $17,000-----no I didn't mistype that. I'm talking about FULLY loaded, ready to rock. The reality is that I most likely won't get the total value, but even a chunk would be nice, to purchase a "racey"-ish tandem...maybe not as nice as the Griffen, but still a sweet ride. The problem with tandems are the fact thqt I am 6 feet tall, with a large inseam, and my wife is 5"4 (barely), I have friends 5'4-6'0. You can see how this makes sizing tough.

The plan was to get a race tandem that would fit me perfect and fit the general list of pilots that have agreed to ride with me. Then I Mindy and I were planning on getting a cheaper tandem that we can both ride. I may however have found the best of both worlds for now.. If i can't get the Griffen, this looks like the next best option from Co-Motion... It is an extremely versitile tandem that will accomodate me, Mindy and virtually anybody I want to ride with. If i do get the Griffen, this Co-Motion tandem still offers and awesome opportunity to ride with lots of people. So either way, options, sweet speed, and good times ahead (I hope)....Not garuntees that tandem riding will be fun, or a success, but I choose to be optomistic and start drooling over "sweet speed x 2"


Keep your fingers crossed!!!

1 comment: