Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New Gig

Well some neat news on my front...two items actually..

1--Our local online newspaper, which is an up and comer, has asked me to ba volunteer columnist. I will write pretty much the same stuff that I write on my blog; stories of me, triathlon, blind guy getting around in this crazy world, goals, dreams, inspiration, information and some fun.

it will be called ENDURANCE JUNKIE and featured weekly on http://ckdp.ca This stands for the Chatham Kent Daily Post. It is meant to give all the relevant news stories, plus some more local flavour and insight then you'd get with the normal hardcopy news. I have no idea where this adventure will take me, and have had no previous desires to write a column, but figured i have nothing to lose really. Pretty much only things to gain. Look for it, enjoy it; the column is a mix of actual Blog posts and freshly thought out articles

2---I received a call today to set an an interview for a nice new job I applied for. I love my hospital job, in the sense that it pays the bills, and i get to help people.....however this job will hopefully pay even more bills, be a lot closer to the public education/motivation/inspiration/coaching/teaching aspect of things. If i get the job, you'll hear more about it, but for now, let's just keep our fingers crossed for the interview to go well.

Anyhow, that's all for now...
Oh ya, forgot one more thing.....i don't know bout you. but I'm an animal lover, however they often do things that really gross me out..or i find super strange...

take a look at this picture of our cat Marbles.... man he's a weirdo!!



Does he not know what we do in that thing???!!!

That's it for now...check out http://ckdp.ca and hopefully we can keep this thing going...i think it is a great local resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment