Monday, May 11, 2009

I hate Back Ordered Products!!

So a quick update from my world..
Spring is springing, and i'm getting over a week long bout of flu/food poisoning which my wife and I caught from Paris (we think).
Anyhow, i'm getting VERY antsy to get out, get riding, set a race goal, and get rolling. Part of me really wants to get out and get racing as a Paratriathlete, to make my mark and show the world how being blind is NOT bringing me down, it's pumping me up actually.

My tandem frame has been sitting in the bike shop for about a month, sitting, sitting, and more sitting, looking lonely and bored. We are waiting on various bike companies getting their product out to us... and being backordered for 3-4 weeks is killing me.

I'm getting more anxious and looking forward to choosing one or more of the following races:

New York City Tri-USA PC Championships (july)
ITU World Tri=Gold Coast Aus. (sept)
ITU World Du=North Carolina (sept)
Ironman 70.3 Augusta GA (sept)
Ironman 70.3 World Championships (nov) clearwater Florida


This year is supposed to NOT be about me racing, picking a large race to aim for, so i'm trying to do at least ONE of these races, and on the cheap.... SO, i'm trying to find ways to approach companies to help flip the bill...any suggestions? I am mostly teasing, as i really don't have anything to "offer" them as incentive... but man would it be nice to get some free plane tickets Down Under...ooooo baby would that be sweet..

oh well....it's just the racing itch getting to me.... i'm a VERY much goal oriented person, and i need a race to shoot for...so i can go work hard to get ready for it, and let it all fly...

time will tell, i'll keep you posted!!

check out a fellow CDifferent Team member and an AMAZING triathete
AARON SCHIEDES (www.cdifferentwithaaron.com) this kid can fly! he holds the world olympic distance record for a paratriathlete...

No comments:

Post a Comment